Sometimes it is a wise action to stop a creditor’s action fast. However, don’t forget to adopt the right methodology if you want to get the desired results. In this case, the best way to go through this process is to file for bankruptcy. When you file a bankruptcy case, the court puts out an order that stops these creditors from continuing collection against you.
You should note that completing all the bankruptcy forms isn’t a quick process. If you intend to make the process faster, you can use a fast online bankruptcy filing method known as emergency bankruptcy filing. Thus, we will be discussing how to use an emergency bankruptcy filing to achieve the desired outcome in this article. Let’s explore more.
Filing Emergency Bankruptcy Forms
When filing a physical bankruptcy form, you will handle a lot of paperwork. Hence, reading and understanding the details of the papers might be a difficult task for you. In fact, if you are facing a time-sensitive situation like foreclosure auction, wage garnishment, or repossession getting all the paperwork done might not be feasible. In this case, there is a better alternative for you, and that is the emergency bankruptcy form.
When you need to file a quick bankruptcy, you can file it fast online, and you will be able to access your document with ease. Furthermore, another good thing about the Online Bankruptcy Form is that you can file it at any time of the day. And just like the physical bankruptcy form, you will also be required to fill and upload several documents online. The things to fill and upload are:
- The names and addresses of the creditors that will be listed in the bankruptcy schedules.
- The main bankruptcy petition.
- A certificate that shows that you completed the necessary credit counseling requirement.
- Form B121 (Your statement about your social security numbers).
Steps To File An Emergency Bankruptcy
To file for emergency bankruptcy, it is advisable that you adhere to the following steps:
- Check out the forms you are required to fill for an emergency bankruptcy filing on the court’s website.
- Fill in the Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy.
- On the list of creditors, you are expected to include the names and addresses of the people you owe money to.
- Fill in your statement about your social security numbers form.
- Complete other required information the court requires and submit it to the nearest court clerk with your filing fee.
- File all the required papers within 14 days to avoid dismissal of your case.